SOCIAL WELFARE SECTION
Social Welfare section of this Block comes under Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal. Act as a nodal department for care, protection and development of women and children, old age and person with disabilities. This Department has undertaken and implemented many schemes for welfare of women, child, old age and persons with disability which includes:
- Old Age pension Scheme
- Widow pension Scheme
- Disability pension Scheme
- Financial Assistant to Destitute Child
- ICDS Project
Similarly, The Department of Women & Child Development and Social Development and Social Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal has also designed and launched the Kanyashree Prakalpa which is a conditional case transfer scheme with the aim of improving status well being of girl child in West Bengal by incentivizing schooling of all teen age girls and delaying their marriage as well as minimizing dropout girl student from school.
The Kalimpong-I Block office is implementing these schemes with great interest benefiting continuously to poor people living in different Gram Panchayats under this lock under able guidance of Block Development Officer.
Presently, the official/ staff holding this section and performing their duties rendering benefits under the scheme to poor are as follows:
- Sri Bimalendu Das, WBCS (Exe), Block Development Officer.
- Sri Palden Tshering Tamang, Block Welfare Officer & Office-In-Charge.
- Miss Naveena Thapa, Election Clerk (Kanyashree Prakalpa)
- Smt Santa Subba Lepcha, A.D.E.O. (Kanyashree Prakalpa)
- Sri Santosh Thakuri, D.E.O. (Kanyashree Prakalpa)