KALIMPONG – 1 DEVELOPMENT BLOCK
We are all aware that the Ministry of Rural Development Government of India has launched National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) by restructuring and replacing Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY).
The NRLM has subsequently been renamed as Aajeevika and launched as Anandadhara in the West Bengal, aided in the part through investment support by the World Bank, the mission aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor enabling them to increase house hold income through sustainable livelihood enhancement and improved access to financial services.
The SGSY has ceased to exist with effect from 1st April 2013. Anandadhara/ NRLM has already been rolled out and activities under various components are gradually being strenhthened.
In a Block Women Development officer and Gram Sevika are the nodal officers to perform the NRLM related activities viz:
- The registration of Self Help Groups
- Collect and prepare the monthly progress reports
- To organize the different programmes like motivation, monitoring, grading exercise of SHG’s and Cluster/ Sub – clusters etc.
- Enter the update the details of SHG’s and Cluster/ Sub – clusters.
- To help and manage for financial inclusion different schemes introduced by the Government.
DEPARTMENTAL HEAD: SAKILA TAMANG (W.D.O)
: MIRA RAI (GRAM SEVIKA)