PANCHAYAT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
KALIMPONG-I DEVELOPMENT BLOCK
Panchayat Samity UDA: Sri Uttam Kharga
Panchayat Clerk UDA: Sri Milan Pradhan
Assistant DEO: Marilyn Lepcha.
Panchayat Section of Kalimpong-I Development Block is entrusted with the responsibility of implementing various Socio Economic Development programmes at rural areas as framed by the department of P & RD West Bengal.
The Scheme are as follows:
NSAP: Nation Social Assistance Programme, under this head there are different sectors viz.
- IGNOAPS: Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme for the poor people house hold and all the members of the BPL family as covered under rural household survey 2005 in the age group of 60 and above are covered under the scheme.
- IGNWPS: Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme where all the widows in the age group of 40 to 59 years are entitled for the pension provided there are under BPL category as per RHS 2005.
- IGNDPS: Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension where BPL persons with schemes are multiple disability (80 % and above) in the age group of 18 to 59 years are entitled for this pension.
- NFBS: Nationl Family Benefit Scheme which provide one time financial assistance to the family below the poverty line. Which have lost there primary bread winner, while age between 18 to 59 years, provided they are covered under RHS 2005 as BPL.
IAY: Indira Awaas Yojna: the objective of IAY is primarily to help construction of dwelling units for poor members of SCs/STs non SC/ST providing them with grant-in-aid. The allotment of house under the scheme is being done in the name of the female member of the beneficiary household. Alternatively it can be allotted in the joint name of both the husband and wife.
PROFLAL: Provident Fund for Agricultural landless labourers between the age of 18 to 60 years who are not recorded holders of more than 50 decimals of land including homestead land and whose major source of earnings derived from their work as agricultural laborers are eligible for the scheme. Participant will contribute @ Rs 20/Per month and the State Govt. will also contribute equivalent amount along with interest of 8.8% on the total contribution and maturity value is refundable to the beneficiary on attaining the age of 60 years.
AABY: Those beneficiaries who are covered under PROFLAL will get the benefit under Aam Admi Bima Yojna in the event of death, natural or accidental, permanent partial disability, permanent total disability. Besides two children from the families of the beneficiary covered under Aam Admi Bima Yojna, who are students of class IX to XII, will get a monthly scholarship of Rs 100/per month.
Panchayat section further deals with the monthly reports and written as submitted by Gram Panchayats for onward transmission to the higher authority concerned viz.
- Monthly Tax- Non Tax reports.
- Monthly fund position reports.
- Cash analysis.
- Administrative Reports
- Tax- Assessment.
In short Panchayat Section has to monitor the day to day functioning of Gram Panchayats under its jurisdiction.